The family has joined me on a business trip to Colorado. After a week in the hotel with no playground nearby, Xavier proved quite adept at creating his own jungle gym.

Our room looks out over the light rail station. Xavier loves watching trains and exclaims "Choo-choo!" every time they pass. I love this kid!


The first thing my kids do when we get in a hotel room is to start jumping back and forth from bed to bed. That and the ice machine keep them plenty happy - though a pool helps too.
ReplyDeleteI'm figuring you're in Denver since I don't think any other city here has a light rail? Enjoy your trip!
Yep. I'm technically in Aurora, so we're out a little bit. I hadn't realized that Denver built a light rail system over the past decade, but it's good to see.
ReplyDeleteWe thought of you last weekend when we went down to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs and the Royal Gorge. We could have certainly used some of your expert geological explanations for the remarkable scenery!
Any advice on things we should hit next weekend?
I love Garden of the Gods. We need to go back there when we visit CO next Christmas!
ReplyDeleteMarc is suggesting Buffalo Bill's grave and Heritage square - all near my old stomping grounds in Golden. There are also some cool dinosaur tracks on a hogback in Morrison. See www.dinoridge.org. Red Rocks ampitheater is also great hiking, rocks and vistas. For something more Xavier-oriented, Tiny Town (also in Morrison) is cute - we all enjoyed it.
Wish I were there with you!