The newest addition to the Clark family arrived on Feb. 15, 2012...
Clementine - (cley-mon-teen) A classic name in French, most recognizable now as the delicious little orange fruit we enjoy each winter. It's subtly honors Cherry, whose name is also synonymous with a succulent fruit.
Signification prénom :
Prénom assez ancien, diminutif de Clémence, formé à l'imitation de Clémentin, diminutif de Clément.
On en trouve trace, en Italie, en France et même en Angleterre au XVIIIe siècle... Depuis le début du XXe siècle, il a pris une résonance particulière en raison de la réussite commerciale des clémentines. Ce fruit savoureux, variété de mandarine, fut un dérivé créé en 1902 par un savant botaniste, le père Clément... qui lui donna son nom. Dès lors, Clémentine évoque moins l'indulgence de sa racine latine que le goût frais et sucré du petit agrume que tout le monde apprécie.
Meaning of the name:
A fairly old name, diminutive of Clemence, formed in imitation of Clementin, diminutive of Clement.
The name appears in Italy, France and even England in the eighteenth century ... Since the early twentieth century, it took a particular resonance because of the commercial success of clementines. This tasty fruit, a variety of mandarin, was created in 1902 by a learned botanist, Father Clement ... who gave it his name. Therefore, Clementine evokes less the indulgence of its Latin root as the fresh taste of a small, sweet citrus fruit that everyone appreciates.
Calais - (cah-lay) A port city in northern France along the narrowest section of the English channel. Well known for its ferry connection with Dover, it has been a place through which millions of travelers and immigrants have passed over the years. It represents for us the linkage of the countries where Cherry and I served our missions, as well as the mixture of many international cultures that we value.
Juliette - (do I really need to guide its pronunciation?) The French spelling of Juliet, a name whose origin traces back to Julius Caesar, but which has been immortalized for centuries by Shakespeare's choice of it for the lead female in his classic tale of romance. In addition to the passion that is synonymous with the name, for us it is also a tribute to Cherry's mother, Julie.


Congrats! She is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Thankyou for the explanations of the names...makes it more meaningful. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSo much dark hair-- wow! I really like Calais (you know I'm all about the more unusual names :) So happy for you all! (and happy Mom made it! Her daughter-in-laws are a bit more considerate than her daughters...)
ReplyDeletebtw Spen, it is still so weird to me that you have kids. I'm thinking "Why is there a pic of Spencer snuggling that brand new baby? Where'd he get her?" :)>
And, does Cherry have a relative named Jessie Hunsaker that works at LDS.org? Jared says there's one that resembles her...anyhoo.
Congrats!
So, I know this is a really late reply. But no, I don't have a relative named Jesse Hunsaker. But many generations back several Hunsakers settled in Honeyville, UT. And they spread from there. So, he's related, but not directly, and not that I'd know him. :-)
DeleteCongratulations! She's a cutie!
ReplyDeletecongrats y'all! happy to see your cute little family is growing!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys, she is amazing! I am so happy that all went well and your little one is finally here. She was almost born on Paris's birthday. =) I wish we were there and could meet her soon. We send our love and can't wait to come visit. XOXO
ReplyDeleteJen, Christian, and Paris
Congratulations, she is so adorable. Love the fruit parallel and the cherry outfit.
ReplyDeleteSharon
Congratulations to you all. What a precious family you have!
ReplyDeleteShannon
Congrats Cherry! Your family is beautiful..
ReplyDeleteWow, Xavier is so big and Clementine is adorable. I loved all the pics. I'm sad I missed your whole pregnancy and especially this wonderful time in your life with the new addition. I'm so happy for you guys. Trina Jeff Xander and Jaxon
ReplyDelete