Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Whole New Phase of Parenting

Beginning yesterday, Spencer and I entered a whole new phase of parenting.

You may remember our cute little guy rolling from front to back at 8 weeks old. Well, since his two rolls that day he only rolled one other time until yesterday. Yesterday Xavier remembered how to roll--and roll he did! You rolled from back to front and front to back and right off of the couch. Luckily he had a soft landing.

So what does this mean for parenting?

Well, this little roller can no longer be put down on the couch or bed while I leave quickly to get something.

We now need to make extra certain that there is nothing in his co-sleeper with which he could hurt himself. We may have to cut back on the blankets.

I also have to now keep a closer I on him while he is napping. Today I caught him at the end of a nap rolled over, but with one arm pinned behind him. He was stuck!

Changing diapers is a different game now, too. He used to be a placid crier when I changed his diaper, but now he fights the change with his whole body; he rolls every which way. This proves extra difficult for the mom struggling to snap on a cloth diaper.

It has been a busy day already. ...but on the bright side, I think it tires him out. He is on his thrid nap today!

sigh... and I am off to take a rest.

1 comment:

  1. It is fortunate for Xavier that you don't use diaper pins! Though, who knows, maybe after a stick or two he'd wise up and stop wriggling. I'll have to ask my mom about that...

    :) I love it when my babies learn to move around. They seem much happier when they can reach things they want without Mom or Dad having to try and figure it out.

    ReplyDelete