Sunday, September 2, 2012

"Old Hat, New Hat"



Xavier is too cute!

Yesterday Xavier discovered a book that has been on his shelves for a while. "Old Hat, New Hat". From its pages, you will see that it's a well loved book. It even has "Geo Andrew Clark" written in the front. It's a hand me down. Anyway, Xavier read it once with me yesterday and a couple of times with me tonight. It is an easy book. Xavier quickly got down the rhythm and many of the words, enough to "read" me most of the book. It was pretty cute.

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big he is! Fabulous job. We recently discovered that story at the library and I remembered loving it as a child. Guess I know where the book from my youth is now :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. "Too silly" was always a favorite at our house also. I can't believe how well Xavier is speaking and "reading".
    Loves--

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other times he'll explain to me everything that's silly about that hat: The bird, the water, the flower. Totally gets it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun. I was trying to anticipate the rhymes as you two went along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Xavier is such a big kid! I love how well he talks. He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember this book! Too fabulous. Also, this video made me miss you guys like crazes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... Thanks Em. We miss you too! You know, we stil have your bed downstairs... ;). Glad you enjoyed the video. I think it's pretty cool.

      Delete