Sunday, December 5, 2010

J'aime Skype

With Cherry & Xavier off adventuring in Idaho for 10 days the house feels rather empty. It's amazing what a boost it is to see her though, even if it's only virtually. Skype might just be one of the greatest things ever invented for bridging distances. Talking on the phone isn't nearly as rich as actually being able to see.

Xavier, like many kids, doesn't particularly understand speakerphone yet, but pull up my voice and image on the screen and suddenly you get this:


He's watching me, playing gleefully and just being adorable. When I call out, "Xavier, Je t'aime!" his face lights up even more.


He recognizes me and that I'm talking to him! And hopefully he knows what is more important: that even from over 2,000 miles away, I love him dearly.

I've had a good day, but this is by far the highlight.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Honey! This is the sweetest post! I love you and miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great smiles on those screenshots.

    ReplyDelete