First and foremost, he loves fingers and fists! As talked about in previous posts, he loves his own, mine, yours, and really anyone’s!
He also loves to jump! We got him a Baby Einstein activity jumper and he LOVES to bounce in it! Since discovering how to bounce, he takes every opportunity he can to bounce in our laps, on the floor, coach or bed (his balance is, of course, assisted).
He also loves to just sit and spit. He just presses his lips together and blows. He covers himself with slobber puddles! In fact, he is sitting on my lap now just spitting away. What a life…
He has also started to play more with stuffed animals and other toys. It is so fun to see him interact with things around him. I get so excited along with him at all of his new discoveries.
In fact, yesterday he discovered the joys of salads! Okay, in truth, we are not yet feeding him solids. He was sitting on daddies lap during supper and thought he would have a nose. He has started to be more interested in things on the table. I think it is more thought of as a toy, though, rather than really being interested in food.
His latest thing, though, seems to be his discovery of textures. He has started to just rub and rub his fingers and hand across the carpet and blankets. It is so cute!
Another favorite is playing in the mirror. (Not sure what is up with the picture orientation).
He isn’t really interested in sitting, but loves to stand. He does this whenever he can. He will stand and hold onto things, but then lets go and falls. Luckily for him, I am close by ready to catch him!
Moreover, he has started to move! He doesn’t crawl yet, but has really started to scoot himself around. This picture illustrates this. One morning I set him down in the middle of his play mat while I made some oatmeal for myself. When I came two minutes later, he had rolled over and pushed himself all the way to the wall. Wow!
One of my favorites is that he sleeps much better!
sigh... he's growing up!
Today he won't stay on the mat--tomorrow he'll be out the door! Hugs to the cutie.
ReplyDeleteGrandma C